Pocket sprung beds are a type of mattress that use individual pocketed coils, rather than a single continuous coil system, to provide support. Each coil is encased in its own fabric pocket, which allows for independent movement and contouring to the body. At Wellington Beds we use a 5 zone pocket spring system…
There are several benefits to pocket sprung beds, including:
- Support: Because each coil is independent, pocket sprung beds can provide targeted support to specific areas of the body, such as the lower back or shoulders.
- Motion Isolation: As each coil is encased in its own fabric pocket, the movement of one person on the bed does not affect the other person. This makes pocket sprung beds a good choice for couples or for anyone who is sensitive to movement during sleep.
- Durability: Pocket spring beds are known to have a longer lifespan than other types of beds. As each spring is independent, they are less likely to wear out or sag in certain areas.
- Comfort: As the coils are encased in individual pockets, they are able to contour to your body more effectively providing a more comfortable sleep.
- Hygiene: Pocket spring beds have better ventilation as individual coils can allow air to circulate through the mattress more easily, which can reduce the buildup of moisture and dust mites, making it a good choice for people with allergies or asthma.
Taking it One Step Further with Ultracoil